Created to Serve Our Local Community
Hope for Suffolk is a community development initiative of Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church. Hope for Suffolk began in 2010 as the benevolence ministry of Westminster in which emergency bill assistance was provided to those in need. The Hope for Suffolk garden was quickly established to provide a way for people to earn money for specific bills. The organic produce grown was sold, providing wages for workers. Since 2010 the Hope for Suffolk garden has turned into a small farm work program that provides opportunities, training and connections for under-resourced individuals and families.
- Work: Working is part of God’s blessing and part of being human
- Participation: We are all participants in the process of community development, reconciliation and transformation.
- Evangelism: The gospel is implicit in our actions and explicit in our words.
- Discipleship: Striving together to become more Christ-like
- Biblical Justice: A society in which people treat one another as the image bearers of God
- Racial Reconciliation: A value for the richness and blessing of diversity
- Sustainability: All of God’s creation should be managed with the utmost care for the future