Join the Program
This could change your life
Who do you want to be when you finish school? Are there things holding you back from meeting your goals? We can help you to overcome your obstacles and achieve your goals.
We invest in teens through our farm work program and personal development workshops. Interns gain work experience, income, job training, community and a positive use of time. Interns attend weekly classes (with dinner provided!) for which they receive community service hours. The workshops cover everything from conflict resolution to making good impressions to budgeting to interview skills. The program runs from March through October. Our goal is to empower youth to overcome obstacles and to set and achieve personal goals.
Our work program and training give you a chance to:
- Earn up to $12.50 per hour while getting real work experience
- Earn community service hours
- Meet great people
- Become empowered to become who you want to be
Participants will leave the program with life-long relationships, connections with employers, a resume, and training for success.
- Leadership skills
- Interview skills
- Team work
- Conflict resolution
- Personal finance
- Much more!
Interns work on the farm to grow, harvest and package organic vegetables and fruit for sale. Responsibilities include preparing rows, planting seedlings or sowing seeds, fertilizing and pest control, weeding, harvesting, pruning and packaging produce for sale.
- Job skills such as team work, applying for jobs, making a good impression and negotiating wages
- Relational skills such as conflict resolution and communication
- Financial stability skills such as avoiding pay day loans, the benefits of savings and how to build credit
Times: MARCH – OCTOBER
During the school year: Monday, Wednesday or Friday (choose 1) 3:30 PM – 6 PM
During the Summer: Monday, Wednesday or Friday (choose 2) 9 AM -11:30 AM
Workshop: Thursdays 6-8 PM, dinner and community service hours provided
Participants must be:
- Between age 15 and 20. If under age 16, must have consent to work from parent.
- Able to do manual labor outside for 2 hours
- Committed to the entire 8-month program including class times
- Seeking to overcome obstacles to personal development. Our goal is to help our participants set and achieve personal goals and to overcome obstacles.
- Note: school or court records will not disqualify you from this internship.
- March – October
- Interns commit to the 8 month program of paid work hours AND workshops
- School year: Monday, Wednesday or Friday (choose 1) 3:30-6
- Summer: Monday, Wednesday or Friday (choose 2) 9-11:30
- Workshops: Thursdays 6-8, dinner and community service hours provided